Have you worn a watch lately? With mobile phones attached to our hands like an extension of our fingers, most people have stopped wearing a watch over the last 10 years. As we’ve grown accustomed to glancing at our phone to check the time, wearing a watch went out of style. Recently, Danish company Nordgreen reached out to Fashion Mingle to share a review of their new Scandinavian watch designs for women and men in exchange for letting me choose from their exquisite watch designs. I took one look and everything I had been thinking about watches changed. Having a watch on my wrist is my new favorite accessory.
As a professional in the fashion industry, my number one and two events of the year are New York Fashion Week in February, and New York Fashion Week in September. All new outfits and accessories are purchased against the backdrop of “Can I wear this to NYFW?” When I saw the style and quality of the Nordgreen watches, my answer was an enthusiastic Yes!
Even though we’re on the tail-end of a pandemic, there were several safe opportunities to attend fashion shows during NYFW in February, and while deciding if I should wear a Nordgreen watch to fashion week, it got me to thinking about the benefits of wearing a watch, and how it can actually make attending fashion week a little less stressful, while feeling a lot more stylish.
The Top 3 Reasons You Should Wear a Watch to New York Fashion Week
- Staying on schedule: Every minute of NYFW is tightly scheduled. You rush from show to show, only to stand in line and wait for the doors to open. As fashion shows are now all over NYC, hoping in a taxi, or rushing to catch the subway means you’re constantly checking the time to stay on track. With my Nordgreen watch, I didn’t have to dig around in my purse to find my phone, I simply glanced at my wrist to check the time. One less frustration, one simple solution.
- No Power, No Worries: During NYFW you’re constantly taking pictures and filming video of the shows. This quickly uses all your mobile phone power, and once you’ve lost power, you’re literally in the dark ages. With a watch on your wrist, you never have to worry about losing power. You’ve got a trusted timepiece that will help you get to the next show on time, even if you’re scouting wall plugs every step of the way.
- The Ultimate Stack: One of my favorite ways to accessorize is with a bracelet stack on my wrist. It’s so fun to mix and match my collection of bracelets to create a new look every day of fashion week. Having a fashionable watch on my wrist has become the new centerpiece of my bracelet stacks, creating a bold fashion statement and letting everyone know, I value quality, and I don’t follow the crowd.
Nordgreen is such an amazing company, exactly the kind of company Fashion Mingle likes to feature. Founders Pascar Sivam and Vasilij Brandt wanted to create a sustainable watch company that would embody their commitment to solving the social and environmental challenges facing our world. To create their collection, they went to award-winning Designer Jakob Wagner, who has designed for iconic brands such as Bang & Olufsen, Hay, B&B Italia, Cappellini, and more. The collaboration couldn’t have created a more impressive line of watches for men and women.
When choosing my favorite watch from the Nordgreen collection, it was a hard decision. I’m a very practical person, so I first had to decide between silver, gold, gun metal or rose gold. Then I had to decide between traditional metal links, vegan leather, nylon, rubber, and even stainless steel mesh. And finally, the watch face style. With all of the options that Nordgreen provides, I truly felt like I was designing a watch specifically for me.
My final choice was the Rose Gold Native with a black dial and dove gray vegan leather.
Not only do I love wearing the watch, and feeling a little extra fancy when I do… I really love supporting a wonderful company like Nordgreen. Their values match the values of Fashion Mingle, social and environmental responsibility, and giving back.
Thank you to Nordgreen for my beautiful watch.
- Top 3 Reasons A Designer Watch Is a “Must Have” Accessory for New York Fashion Week - March 11, 2021
- The Working Woman’s Guide to Wearing Tights to the Office - September 29, 2020
- 6 Tips for Properly Wearing and Caring for Cloth Face Masks - September 29, 2020
- 4 Tips and Tricks for Choosing Leggings in the Right Size and Fit - September 23, 2020
- 6 Tips for Dressing Up for Job Interviews - June 22, 2020