The NOLCHA Collective Spring/Summer 2016 Runway Show was held at Pier 59 Studios on September 13th 2015 at 9pm. The featured designers that evening were Danny Nguyen Couture, Acid NYC and Intrepid by A’OC.
The first to present was Danny Nguyen. His collection ,“THE BIRDS OF PARADISE”, was full of whimsical colors, feather patterns and soft flow.
The 2nd designer to show was Acid NYC. The collection by Scott “ACID” Chester and Evelyn Luna was inspired by technology which is seen in the prints made of wires and circuit boards. There were also a variety of earthy prints such as bricks and vines, villas, bamboo and crackled stone.
The final designer of the night was Intrepid by A’OC. Her collection was inspired by Italian artists, French wines, and California freedom. A neutral pallet graced the runway in soft lines and fabrics revealing innovative, chic looks from the West Coast.
Pier 59 could not have been a better place for this event. This 100,000 square foot studio is the largest in the world and has held many of the most famous fashion shoots of all time. I was honored to be a part of such a wonderful night.
Photography by Patrick Hovan
- Custo Barcelona FW’20: Iridescent Outerwear - February 19, 2020
- Son Jung Wan FW’20: Decades of Color - February 19, 2020
- CHOCHENG FW’20: Vibrancy On the Runway - February 19, 2020
- Fashion Hong Kong FW’20: Colorful Collections - February 19, 2020
- Charles and Ron FW’20: The Anticipated Collection - February 19, 2020